The curtains are drawn while I pace calmly, going over in my mind what will happen next. The lights are bright and the stage is set as a hush falls over the crowd.
The anticipation has been building for months, leading to this moment; the moment I’ve waited for since I last walked off this stage on April 4 at 12:15pm.
Then it happens, a voice rings out, “Welcome to the stage, Roma Moulding CEO, Tony Gareri!”
As I walk onto the stage an audience filled with friendly faces greets me. I instantly receive a rush of energy from them, feeding off the indescribable feeling I get when leading our company through an All Hands Meeting (AHM).
Our AHM’s started with a simple concept and have developed over the years. We want to connect our team members and our partners across the globe to address the pulse of our company as well as providing a powerful roadmap into the future!
We invest more than $25,000 in each AHM, which we perform every four months or so. The word invest is appropriate as we have realized the importance of, and seen the results from, holding our AHM’s.
On August 15, we will hold our tenth AHM and invite you to attend in-person or online – personally, we love visitors! Until then, here are our Top Ten reasons to hold an All Hands Meeting.
- Communication: This is a chance for our leadership team to speak directly with the entire company.
- Accountability: Plans don’t always unfold as envisioned but standing in front of everyone and explaining where we deviated is the right thing to do.
- Reinforce our Mission and Core Values: We developed our Mission and Core Values as a company and use them to guide us in our day-to-day business lives. The AHM is a chance for us to reaffirm our commitment.
- Acknowledgement: Our people work hard because they are as driven to succeed as I am. Recognizing a team or individuals hard work goes a long way to reinforcing their ambition and talent.
- Welcoming new team members: As outlined in a previous blog post, making new team members feel welcomed is vital to them fulfilling their potential.
- Goals and expectations: This opportunity allows us to recognize, bring to light and share both individual and overall company goals.
- Fun and happiness: While there are serious moments in our AHM’s, the tone is a fun and happy one. Make everyone smile and you’ll be hard pressed to find a better feeling.
- Culture and togetherness: The AHM is an excellent chance to develop a sense of community and to celebrate the unique, wonderful company culture that enables us to achieve greatness!
- Training and development: As much as I love being onstage, the opportunity for other team members to develop speaking and presentation skills is invaluable in their everyday roles.
- To Deliver WOW in service! Being our first Core Value it’s important to understand the word WOW is connected to an emotional experience. It’s our good, better, best, WOW!
Check out our AHM X on August 15 at 10:45am to see all the action, fun and happiness!
I bet you’ll be inspired to hold your own and witness the transformation of your company – you’ll never believe the results!