The Time Is Always Right…
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. once said, “The time is always right to do what is right.” I’m a firm believer that most people would agree with that statement. The challenging part is knowing, “what is right?”
I’m not here to tell others how to live their lives or decipher right from wrong, but instead I will share how my moral compass supports my decision-making.
I have always been a curious person, and I mean very curious! I’ve always been fascinated with art, architecture, design, music and most of all, people. Exceptional people such as Steve Jobs, Maya Angelou, Gandhi and Einstein have always intrigued me. I’m fascinated by what makes them tick, drives their behaviour, makes them dream big, and needs to be achieved to make them feel fulfilled?
I do my best to observe, listen, read and absorb as the ideas that will make the biggest impact, with minimal effort, in my life.
Below are my top 10 rituals and beliefs, which help me do, “what is right!”
- I work hard to surround myself with great people, people who are genuinely positive and who believe anything is possible.
- I do my best to remain focused on the goal, not allowing external forces to change my course.
- I fuel my mind, body and soul, as we are our own greatest assets.
- When times are tough, I remind myself that every master was once a disaster and that pain is temporary.
- I do my best to remember that things take time and that “Rome wasn’t build in a day.”
- I constantly remind myself that after every storm, the sun must shine.
- I believe our purpose in life is bigger than anyone one of us.
- I give thanks as much as possible and aim to serve.
- I remember to have fun and don’t take life to seriously. Life is short.
- I follow my heart and intuition, and trust that it will guide me to do what is right.
Doing, “what is right” is not always easy, nor popular but is always fulfilling when rooted in good intent! Over the past four and a half years into our restart at Roma Moulding, doing “what is right” has always been top of mind. Our Roma 10 Family Core Values are our guiding principals to ensure we remain focused and vigilant on doing “what is right.”
Many people would agree with me that people typically want to do “what is right!” However, not as many would agree that businesses, fuelled by people, want to do the same.
Contrary to popular belief, in my research I’ve come across many businesses that always strive to do what is right. Recently, I found a great example of a company who did just that and actions’ actually made me cry!
I hope this inspires you as it has inspired me to continue to do “what is right!”
I’d love to hear how your company or client rewards ethical behaviour…